Retrieve Order/Report for Patient (HL7v2)
This query returns laboratory orders/reports from the OLIS Clinical Repository for a specified Patient ID
Query Statement ID:
Stored Procedure Name:
Query Trigger (= MSH.9):
Response Trigger (= MSH.9):
- The Patient ID, Sex, Date of Birth, Start Timestamp and Requesting HIC are mandatory parameters.
- The Requesting HIC may assert consent to view a patient’s blocked laboratory information.
- OLIS will accept patient sex, and date of birth information that is currently valid or that was formerly valid.
- Start Timestamp (@OBR.22) OR Earliest Observation Date/Time (@OBR.7)
- Requesting HIC (@ZRP.1)
- Patient Identifier (@PID.3)
- Quantity Limited Request (@QRD.7)
- Consent to View Blocked Information (@ZPD.1)
- Patient Consent Block-All Indicator (ZPD.3)
- Test Request Placer (@ZBR.2)
- Speciment Collector (@ZBR.3)
- Reporting Laboratory (@ZBR.4)
- Performing Laboratory (@ZBR.6)
- Exclude Reporting Laboratory (@ZBE.4)
- Exclude Performing Laboratory (@ZBE.6)
- Test Request Code (@OBR.4) -> up to 100 codes may be submitted
- Ordering Practitioner (@OBR.16)
- Test Request Status (@OBR.25)
- Copied-to Practitioner (@OBR.28)
- Attending Practitioner (@PV1.7)
- Admitting Practitioner (@PV1.17)
- Placer Group Number (@ORC.4)
- Test Result Code (@OBX.3) -> up to 200 codes may be submitted
- All orders/reports that meet the query criteria and that have an OBR.22 Results Rpt/Status Chng - Date/Time Timestamp within the specified timeframe or an OBR.7 Observation Date/Time (specimen collection date/time) within the specified timeframe.
- Full orders/reports (i.e., all test requests and test results for the order) unless the query originates from an SCC or a test-request-level block exists.
Some Special Considerations:
- If the @OBR.22 timestamp(s) are specified in the query parameters, the orders returned in the response will be sorted in descending sequence by the test request date (OBR.27.4) in the order so that the most recently updated order is returned first. If an order contains multiple, different test request dates, the earliest test request date within the order is used in the sort.
- If the @OBR.7 timestamp(s) are specified in the query parameters, the orders returned in the response will be sorted in descending sequence by the observation date/time (OBR.7) in the order so that the most recently updated order is returned first.
- If an order contains multiple, different observation date/times, the earliest observation date/time within the order is used in the sort.
- The Z01 (Retrieve Laboratory Information for Patient) OLIS query supports optional parameters, and some of these parameters apply to different levels of the laboratory information hierarchy (e.g., test request code and test result code). Implementers are discouraged from submitting queries that contain optional parameters that apply to different levels of the laboratory information hierarchy, as the query may return a response that does not match the implementer’s expectations.
ZSH|123976456|John Henry Everyman
SPR|QRYTAG123|R|Z_QryLabInfoForPatientID^^HL70471|@OBR.22^20090817000000-0400~@PID.3.1^1010559308~@PID.3.4.2~@PID.3.4.3~@PID.3.5^JHN~@PID.3.9.1^ON~@PID.3.9.3^HL70347~@PID.8^M~@PID.7^19310308~@ZRP.1.1^2.16.840.1.113822.214.171.124:4004~@ZRP.1.13^ISO~@ZRP.1.22.1^~@ZRP.1.22.3^~@ZRP.1.2^Huronia District Hospital~@ZRP.1.3^~@ZRP.1.4^|
ZIL|I hereby accept the service agreement here: http://innovation-lab.ca/media/1062/innovation-lab-terms-of-use-apr-16.pdf
Sample Message Notes:
- For the purpose of LITE services, the sending application (MSH.3) is changed to the UniqueSenderIdentifier. For the example description below, assume that the MSH.3 has a value of "^CN=BSDHealthServices,OU=Applications,OU=TesHo1,OU=Hospitals,OU=Subscribers,DC=subscribers,DC=ssh^X500"
- For the purpose of LITE services, ZIL Segment was added. This will not be found in the OLIS specifications and is not part of a normal OLIS message at eHealth Ontario.
- The SPR.1 Query Tag field contains an identifier (QRYTAG123) that will be returned in the query response message.
- The Query Event (Z01) corresponds to the stored procedure name (Z_QryLabInfoForPatientID) in the SPR.3 Stored Procedure Name
- The Requesting HIC is identified as Huronia District Hospital in the @ZRP.1 parameter. Refer to the @ZRP.1 parameter definition in Query Parameters Matrix section.
- If this query were executed by a SCC, then the information returned would be restricted to orders in which at least one test request identifies the SCC as the test request placer or specimen collector, or where at least one test request is in an “Ordered” state, and test results are not returned.
- The person who initiates the query is asserted in the ZSH segment.