Retrieve Medication Dispense R1
This transaction requests a Medication Dispense record by its resource ID directly. This resource ID can be stored from a prior call or retrieved via an Search Medication Dispense Transaction.
Medication Dispense Retrieval will fetch a specific Medication Dispense record from the DHDR solution database.
The transactions will:
- Allow a client application to request a specific medication dispensation record for a specific patient
- Allow the DHDR solution to return the appropriate MedicationDispense record
The medication dispensation record that is returned will contain the information about:
- the type of medication dispensed
- the prescriber
- the fulfilling pharmacist
- the name of the pharmacy that dispensed it
lite services [base] =/dispense-service
full services [base] = /API/FHIR/Medications/v1
HTTP Header Requirements
Only the base HTTP Header values are required, as described in the Submitting FHIR Messages Overview section.
MedicationDispense resource ID, retrieved through a prior Retrieve Medication Dispense or Search Medication Dispense call
- resource ID (see http://hl7.org/fhir/http.html#read)
Returns a FHIR MedicationDispense resource, or an OperationOutcome resource (in the event of an issue).
If a MedicationDispense resource is returned, the following resources are also “contained” by the MedicationDispense resource:
NOTE: There is a required HTTP Header that is not included in this example. To get a working example of the HTTP Header, you can use innovation-lab TestHarness